There are many brands of spray foam insulation on the market today. Choosing which one is best for your residential or commercial project can be daunting. When you ask the right questions you can avoid problems such as:
- Poor quality product
- Foam not applied correctly to local building code requirements
- Missed spots resulting in non-optimal air sealing
- Foam does not adhere properly and shrinks
- Vapor barrier was not applied correctly or to the right side
- Inferior products were used
Get the answers
Below are a few questions you may want to ask before specifying the brand of spray foam insulation that will perform best in your building envelope.
- What is the Global Warming Potential (GWP) of the spray foam insulation used?
XCELUS spray foams have a GWP of 1. Many other brands have GWPs ranging from 700 – 1,400.
- Is it low VOC?
XCELUS spray foam products are low VOC products which are GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold Certified. The GREENGUARD Gold Certification standard includes health-based criteria for additional chemicals and also requires lower total VOC emissions levels to help ensure that products are acceptable for use in environments like schools and healthcare facilities.
- Are installers trained and certified?
We offer installers state-of-the-art training, which is ISO compliant, to ensure that your project will be completed to the highest standards.
- Is the spray foam tested by a third party?
XCELUS XLS 2000 closed-cell and XLS 500 open-cell are tested by Interek.
- Does the spray foam meet local state code and safety requirements?
XCELUS spray foam is a Class 1 material with a flame spread of less than or equal to 25. XCELUS goes above and beyond regular mandatory fire safety codes to ensure that we are providing you with a safe product as well as the most effective one.
- Does the manufacturer offer a warranty?
XCELUS guarantees the spray foam for the life of the building. When correctly installed and not altered, XCELUS foam will last the life of your building.
When you choose XCELUS spray foam, you can be assured that your project is using a premium, third-party tested insulation formulated for excellence, and engineered for comfort.
Find your XCELUS spray foam insulation contractor today.