XCELUS Building Systems (“XCELUS” “we,” or “us”) is concerned about your privacy. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information. Together with the XCELUS Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy, this Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our practices in connection with information that we collect:
- Through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (the “Websites”).
• Through software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (the “Apps”).
• Through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”).
• Through email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Statement.
• Offline where notice is legally required.
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Services.”
By providing Personal Information to XCELUS, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
If you apply for a job through the Employment Page on our Website, our use of the Personal Information you provide through the Employment Page is governed by the XCELUS Applicant Privacy Notice.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as:
• Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
• Telephone (including mobile phone) or fax number
• Email address
• Profile picture
• Social media account ID
• Vendor or Customer tax ID number
• National ID number, such as Social Security Number
• Date of Birth
• Location/GPS data
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Services
We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, register an account to access the Services, make an order or purchase, apply for credit, make a request, register your purchase of a product, submit a warranty card, or interact with a chat feature.
We collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., when you visit our facilities, attend one of our trade shows, place an order over the phone, or contact customer service.
From Other Sources
We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases and other third-party sources publicly available databases and other third-party sources
• joint marketing partners and service providers (including social media platforms), when they share the information with us
• When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion.
• When you participate in a blog or forum.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests. We engage in the following activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation:
- Providing the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
• Responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote or other information about our Services.
• Completing your transactions and providing you with related customer service.
• Sending administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
• Allowing you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
Providing you with digital updates, information about our products and services and/or other materials and facilitating social sharing. We engage in the following activities when we have your consent or a legitimate business interest:
- Sending you marketing-related communications (such as by email, text message, WhatsApp message, in-App notice and on social media platforms) with information about our services, new products, and other news about our company.
• Facilitating social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services. We engage in the following activities when we have your consent or a legitimate business interest:
- Analyzing or predicting our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
• Better understanding you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
• Better understanding your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions. We engage in the following activities to manage our contractual relationship with you:
We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information. We engage in the following activities when we have a legitimate business interest:
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes. We engage in the following activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest:
- Data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services.
• Audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
• Fraud and security monitoring, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
• Developing new products and services.
• Enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
• Identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
• Determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
• Operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information:
• Internally and to affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
• To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- When you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
- Through your social sharing activity.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate business interest to do so:
To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is important.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information, we believe is important.
For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual.
- Browser and device information
• App or connected device or vehicle usage data
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
• Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
• Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
• Physical location
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Statement.
COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App
When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies
- IP Address
Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Physical Location
We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
USES AND DISCLOSURES OF OTHER INFORMATION
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by using the unsubscribe mechanism contained in each such email. If you no longer want to receive marketing related text message or SMS messages for which you previously signed up, you may opt-out by replying STOP to any such message you receive.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing here.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing here.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change, or delete your Personal Information:
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information, object to the processing of Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us here or Customer Service, 6030 Daybreak Circle, Suite A150, Clarksville, MD 21029.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, and whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make enter into contract or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such contract or promotion).
If you are under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by clicking here. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
• The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
• Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
• Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through online means to us.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Privacy Statement indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Services. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the contact information below:
Customer Information Center
6030 Daybreak Circle
Because communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your communications to us.